1. What information is being collected?
1.1 – I collect a variety of information before, during and after you make a booking with me to take your photographs. This includes:
• Names, addresses and contact information of the person(s) placing an order with me.
• Names, addresses and contact information of the person(s) using my services.
• Notes taken during meetings to help me remember the details of your wedding.
1.2 – If you e-mail me or send me messages via social media, these messages are stored within my e-mail system or social media accounts. These messages are stored for as long as required to allow me to provide you with the best possible service, or for the period specified by laws relating to tax and business records, whichever is longer.
2. Who is collecting the data?
2.1 – This data is being collected by Adrian Chell, trading as Adrian Chell Wedding Photography, of 8 Burland Road, Waterhayes Village, Newcastle-under-Lyme ST5 7ST. The data is primarily stored on a password protected computer, with encrypted back-ups to the cloud.
3. How is it being collected?
3.1 – The majority of the data is collected directly from you. Whether you fill out a form for me online, tell me face to face, talk to me on the telephone, or swap e-mail or some other form of messages.
3.2 – In some cases, data may be given to me by a third party. For instance, if someone books my services on your behalf.
4. Why is it being collected?
4.1 – Most of the data is collected solely for the purpose of providing you with the service you ordered, or had ordered for you.
4.2 – Some of the data I collect is to help provide you with a better customer experience
4.3 – I am required by law to collect and store certain information relating to any order you place with me.
4.4 - The data is stored and processed under the lawful basis, defined in the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), as “legitimate interests”
5. How will it be used?
5.1 – Data I collect will be used by Adrian Chell Wedding Photography to enable me to provide my services and products to you.
5.2 – I may also analyse data for business and forecast purposes.
6. Who will it be shared with?
6.1 – I take your privacy very seriously. I do not sell your data to third party organisations. There are a few scenarios where some of your data may be shared with third parties to allow me to provide my services to you. These include:
• Delivery and Postage Service Providers, in order to send you documentation and orders you have placed. (Information shared includes Name, Address and in some case e-mail address / mobile number)
• Law Enforcement and Legal Requirements – we will provide data to law enforcement agencies if issued with a court order to do so.
• Any electronic method of communication requires that the company or organisation providing that service (e.g. a mobile network operator or e-mail hosting company) to use certain personal data, such as e-mail addresses or phone numbers, to ensure correct routing of those communications.
7. How will this affect you?
7.1 – I collect, store and process your data in such a way that should have no negative effect on you as an individual.
8. How long is the data stored?
8.1 – Most data I collect is stored for up to five years after completion of the contract. I am legally obliged to store some data for a minimum amount of time, for example sale order records, payment records etc. in case of audit by HM Revenue & Customs.
9. Access to stored data.
9.1 – If you have any questions about the data I hold about you, please contact me.
9.2 – You may also formally request a copy of any data I store about you. There is no charge for this. I will respond to all requests in a way that complies with the guidance of the Information Commissioner’s Office.
10. More information.
10.1 – If you would like any clarification on how I collect, store or process your data – please contact me directly. The information you need to do this is on the Contact Me page and below.
10.2 – All data processing activities are governed by UK law. If you would like further information on the legal guidelines I operate within, or have any concerns about how I use your data, please check the ICO’s website at https://ico.org.uk
11. My Details
11.1 – This business is owned and operated by Adrian Chell, trading as Adrian Chell Wedding Photography.
11.2 – The business’s registered postal address is 8 Burland Road, Waterhayes Village, Newcastle-under-Lyme ST5 7ST.
11.3 – You can contact me in writing to the above address, call me on 07906 695792 or by email to email@example.com
20th April 2018